The Inky Pinky Press is a little letterpress shop located in Salt Lake City, UT (or thereabouts). Take a look-see and if you are interested in seeing if I can print something for you, please contact me.

Monday, September 17, 2012

It's official! The press is in house.

Well, at least in the driveway.

Previously all my printing has been done on another's press "after hours". 

I had a Vandercook 317 for about a year, but it wasn't in working order and I realized I just didn't have the motivation to get it up and running...so I sold it.

I knew I wanted a Vandercook 4, and determined to hold out for it. And I kept holding out for it, and nothing...nothing...nothing. I would check the regular sites once a week and nothing...nothing...nothing. Then one day I saw on Briar Press that someone had just offered a 4 for sale and it was grabbed up INSTANTLY!! So, I put a "wanted" ad in the classified at Briar Press begging for one. Almost immediately I got a totally bogus scam offer from a seller in Cameroon with pinched images. SHEESH! But then a real hit! from a local printer wanting to sell his Vandercook Universal 1...and we totally knew each other. The Uni 1 is totally comparable to the 4. YAY! The Inky Pinky Press is finally independent. It is still on the trailer in the driveway until we can get a crane over here to lift it over the house to get it in the basement. 

I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment