The Inky Pinky Press is a little letterpress shop located in Salt Lake City, UT (or thereabouts). Take a look-see and if you are interested in seeing if I can print something for you, please contact me.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Retro Geny

 My friend Genevieve moved into a new house just before the holidays and so I printed her a holiday/moving card. She likes retro stuff and the house is from the 50's, so I designed the card to evoke retro ornaments and font. 

Oh, and Buckeroo is their dog, his whole name is The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension. I loved the movie too, but i've never named a pet after it. 
Details: Mohawk superfine paper, with COOL GRAY 9, and a red ink. Remind me to talk about overprinting sometime...ok, I guess I will do that now. Letterpress ink isn't so thick that you can print over some other printing and have it not show through, so if you don't want (for example, the string showing through the red balls) you have to not print the line where you want the balls to go, it makes for some pretty funky plates, and some TIGHT registration! 

No comments:

Post a Comment